Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Swim addendum

After my dismal failure at the swim event, I became a criminal. That Sunday, I went to a lake in the Poconos and swam in it despite knowing that it was closed until Memorial Day. My friend Jennifer and I stealthily drove up with our accomplices , Libby and Theresa.



After parking, we did a quick costume change and jumped in the lake.

We practiced our wide-eyed innocent surprised expressions; had our plan b bail out plan.

Our swimming went off without a hitch. We were able to swim for an hour, back and forth along the beachfront. For me this was redemption for the previous days' failure. I could swim! My face could go under the water; I practiced lengthening my stroke and sighting. The time that was difficult was when we got to deeper water where I could not see the bottom. It was helpful to narrow down the actual problem - fear of the dark.

After getting out of the lake the police came around and informed us that the beach was closed until Memorial Day. We didn't know! Oh my goodness Mr. Police Officer. ( insert wide eyes, relaxed demeanor here).

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

-- lemmefineout - Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment