Sunday, May 1, 2011

4 weeks left

This weekend, I rode up a Category 3 hill in the Poconos. I had to walk up the last segment, I just couldn't muster up the power in my legs to keep on pushing. The total distance was 25 miles. Although I have gone a little longer distances, this was by far the hilliest that I've done. I was pretty wiped out by the end of it. Maybe I'll elaborate on that ride in a later post.



Earlier that day, I swam my 'long swim'. I never have really been able to do a long swim during the week because I swim during my lunch hour at work. I paid $10 and went to swim in the Pocono YMCA in Stroudsburg. It was a delight to not have any time pressure. I wanted to make sure I swam an hour.

Next week, I will be swimming in an open water swim race in NJ. It had just been set up to help people get their open water swims in , but so many people registered, that they made it a race. This will be the first time I use my wetsuit. The first time that I swim outside of a pool. The first time I swim with a 'mass start'. A lot of firsts! It will be a half ironman distance of 1.2 miles. I will then have a baseline of what my speed is while swimming and will then be able to work on it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment