Monday, May 30, 2011

6 days left

Today was a good low key swim; faster than the previous two days, and I think I will be able to make the cutoff time if I keep this pace up.  I communed with the fishes today - saw a lot of them as I was swimming - various shapes, mostly around the size of my hand.  As I went stroke by stroke I saw that
they didn't swim away as I swam above them.  Kind of nice.  No matter what, I will finish that swim.  Hopefully I will also be able to make the cutoff time in order to continue.

I realized today that I was not afraid of the dark waters.  I also accepted that I have to breathe after every stroke; interspered with some 3 stroke breaths.  I can't swim as if I was fitter or a better swimmer, so accepting this makes things easier.  There were not too many negative thoughts today - in fact I don't really think I had any!

The next time I swim will be a the Saturday swim clinic they will be having at the triathlon site.  I have to revisit running a little to keep my joints lubed this week as well as biking.

Curious about the course?  Here are links to the swim/bike and run maps of the Beltzville Dam Reservoir:

Swim Map
Bike Map                                                    
Run Map

This is a link to the website itself:  Black Bear Triathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment