Monday, January 3, 2011

My first half mile swim

It's been a while since I've posted here. To be honest, I even forgot that I had started this blog, although I did not forget the HIM! I have been running and biking; the bitter winter cold winter started earlier this year and so December was pretty tough. I signed up for a weekly Computrainer class - Computrainer is like a treadmill for bicycling - you use your own bike and are connected to a computer that then controls the steepness of the hills, and monitors your speed. I've gone every week except for 2 times. It's a killer class and the screen shows each class participant and shows who's in the 'lead'. I always come in last; and I was only able to finish the whole course once in a little over an hour. The class is from 6am - 7am. Despite my being last, and it being very difficult, I figure it can only help me get better.

So today, I swam 1/2 a mile. I became a member of the Bedford Street/ Metropolitan pool in October or November, but only swam once after that. Now that we hit the new year, I am committed to including swimming into my training mix. My swim lasted approximately 33 minutes. I did keep on losing count of the laps, so I may have swam more, but it was at least 1/2 mile. Looking at the 'swim pace chart' that I got from Tri-newbies online, I am 'off the charts' in terms of speed - in other words - very slow. My plan is to swim 3 times a week - Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Let's see....

No comments:

Post a Comment