Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Day in the Journey

Physical: This morning I ran 6 miles; I had two layers of pants; two shirts plus my jacket; balaclava, hat and gloves. It was a very slow run (>12mm), but I was happy that I did it. Yesterday I was able to swim despite being asked by my boss at the last minute to go with her to a meeting in the city. I googled how to get to the pool from this meeting and was able to do my 30 minute swim ( a little faster than Monday I might add!)

Mental: I was happy with the fact that I had gone out to run. The most difficult part for me is actually leaving the house. The first part of the run I spent the time ruminating about the fact that I felt so slow. I also spent time changing and re-changing my plan for the run as well as for the week. This is something that I have struggled with in the past - making a plan and then not following thru: either not going out to exercise or pushing past what I'm ready to do because I feel strong at the time. More shall be revealed.

-- lemmefineout - Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment