Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crossroads

My training is falling apart. I am out of money and it's way too cold to bicycle around the park. I've been running and swimming, but have not been able to pull it together for the biking. I am thinking about buying some bicycle rollers but am hesitating. I recently folded my credit cards to make them unusable, but didn't destroy them or throw them out. I could still use them for online purchasing...


Really, my training is not falling apart. I definitely would like to ride more , but the fact is that the amount of hours that I have spent exercising the past 2 weeks is much greater than the first 2 weeks of December - I now have, in fact, the same number of activities as of 1/15, that I did for the entire month of December.

So, right now, I'm feeling like a loser, or at least quite uncertain about myself. On the one hand, I understand that there are ebbs and flows in training. On the other hand, I know that I can make excuses for myself and one down day becomes weeks. This definitely is a character flaw of mine.

At the beginning of this month, I became overwhelmed at the thought of my training schedule. I couldn't figure out how to make it. I was helped a little when I bought a training log, where I could hand write my training, in addition to the website/iphone logs that I use (Ontri and Runkeeper). I have since signed up for a couple of workshops thru the triathlon group that I belong to - one on nutrition this coming week, and another on 'how to plan your season' - scheduled for next month in February.

My aim for right now is to keep on moving forward. However imperfectly I may have done my training up until now, remorse will not help me move forward. I just need to keep looking ahead. Keep an open mind and learn from my mistakes and be open to learn from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment