Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back on track - for today

With my trainer in the apt, I am now able to ride my bicycle in the evening and I don't have to worry about the weather. This past Tuesday I had to miss my Computrainer class because there was freezing snow/rain on the ground. I felt insecure in the morning, asking myself whether this was a 'reason' or an 'excuse'. I did get on my trainer tho, that morning for 20 minutes and then 30 minutes in the evening. This morning I did my Ana Caban 'express workout' - a Pilates/core workout that lasts slightly less than 20 minutes.
Showing up for myself in a daily basis is difficult. It's difficult because my stinkin' thinkin' gets in the way. My thinking always wants to do more than what I can do at a particular point in time - so 20 minutes is not good enough, and so then I don't do it at all. I put 'for today' in the title after 'back on track' in order to remind myself that it is only one day at a time and there will always be ebbs and flows in my training

-- lemmefineout - Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment