Friday, February 18, 2011

Short legs

Do I have short legs or am I too wide for my height?

That was the question I posed to myself when I looked at myself in the mirror while wearing my bathing suit. I could only look in the mirror for a few seconds before I had to avert my eyes. I don't think I looked especially horrible, but I've always had a hard time looking in the mirror in any prolonged manner. My butt did appear to be abnormally close to the ground, and my legs - in those split seconds where I went from my butt to my legs and then away - seemed very 'stout'.

I usually keep these kinds of thoughts to myself but fortunately I mentioned them to someone else who is also in the class who reassured me that it's the mirror and not me. I was only half reassured. The other half wondered about folie a deux.

-- lemmefineout - Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment