Thursday, June 2, 2011

3 days

While running this morning I thought about how tired I was, dragging myself out of bed. With all this physical activity, one would think that I'd happily jump out of bed knowing how good I feel about myself now that I am relatively fit. The reality is though, that I still drag myself out of bed virtually every time that I am going to exercise. I suppose you can say that I have a 'built in forgetter' - I forget
how good I feel exercising. I only remember while I'm exercising, and that's only after a few miles of running. I am happy about my exercise at all times except right before. This has always been the biggest obstacle to maintaining a regular exercise regimen. Signing up for these triathlons, gave me alot of motivation aka fear, to exercise. I wish I could just exercise 'because it's good for me', but I have not been too successful with that. Entering triathlons and the triathlon lifestyle is basically serving two functions. Becoming able to do triathlons is something that I admire in others. It has been harder, emotionally, to see myself as a triathlete but of course intellectually, I know I am, because I'm doing it. So doing triathlons and training is something that I aspire to, something that I hold in high esteem. This is the first function it serves - it helps me be proud of myself. The second function is that it's good for me!



-- lemmefineout - Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment