Saturday, June 4, 2011

tomorrow

By this time tomorrow (7am) I will be fretting in the transition area. The transition area closes at 7:15, the sprint race starts at 7:30 and the olympic distance starts at 7:57.  My wave does not go out until 8:13.  I have 1 hour to swim.  So for those of you reading this, think of me swimming speedily between 8:15 and 9am!  Afterwards, there is the biking.  The slower people tend to take slightly over two hours.  My
goal is to be just under 2 hours, which is a 12mph pace.  This is pretty slow, but this course is hilly, so I don't know how I will do.  As long as I don't get any flats, I will be ok. The 10k run should take me a little over 1 hour.  I would love to be able to run less than a 10 minute mile pace, but I don't think I can pull that off just yet.  If I was just running, I could definitely run less than an 11 mm pace, however, I don't know if I could do it after swimming and biking.

So, between the hours of 8:15 and 12:15 please send me speedy, swift, aerodynamic, focused energy!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment