Friday, April 22, 2011

Getting in shape




What I've done the past 7 days:
Last night (Thursday) I went to a brick workout: bike 1 loop of the park (3.35 miles) and then run 1 mile. I repeated the bike 3 times and the run 2 times ( I ran out of time ). On Thursday morning, I went to the gym to strength train. I did all the machines for upper and lower body as well as ab work.. I had not done the strength work in 3-4 weeks. I noticed new muscles in my calves that I had never seen before.
On Wednesday I went to a speed running workout group. After warming up and doing various dynamic stretches, we did hill repeats with a twist: we ran backwards 2/3 of the hill and then spun around and sprinted the rest of the way back up the hill. I was able to do 2 1/2 hill repeats. I did not do the last sprint because the group was already stretching.

I forgot that at noon, I went swimming 1/2 hour.
Tuesday morning was the BTC bike workout at 6am. I went out a little earlier and did a loop before starting with them. This was the first time I was going to officially ride outside with the BTC and I was not sure how I would handle riding with very fast, young guys. I did an additional 4 loops for a total of 16.7 miles. I actually only rode with the group up until they left me in the dust going up the hill the second time.
Monday was rest day.
Sunday, I ran 12 miles; Saturday I biked 16 hilly miles in the Poconos (tha'ts me on Happy Hill Rd) and ran a 5k on the treadmill afterwards.

Right now, I am sitting in the train going for my long swim at Bedford pool. I am enjoying sitting. I walked to the subway like an elderly person; I waddled slowly
down the steps and heaved myself up the stairs. I let gravity make me fall into the seat due to no longer having strength in my legs.

No one on that train would know that I am getting in shape.


-- lemmefineout - Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment