Sunday, October 9, 2011

Journey Review Year 1

So, this year's journey has come to a close.  What did I learn?  What did I get out of it?  Is there any valid purpose to this blog?

I started to reread my earliest posts.  They were surprising to me, partly due to their honesty; partly due to seeing that I have progressed somewhat in fitness and basically remembering where I was this time last year.

I had started out the year obsessing over training schedules, both handwritten ones as well as online.  I was using Ontri, Runkeeper, and a log book.  I started and quickly stopped the log book;  I used Runkeeper fairly diligently through my Iphone until I bought my Garmin 310xt.  I no longer use Runkeeper.  I was quite obsessive, reading all the posts on the Ontri website; reading the race reports trying to glean any sort of information that I could.  I have not been doing that these past few months - I found myself reading more than exercising...

I started training fairly early, and happily remember the races that I entered in January, February - including the cold weather half-marathons, which I biked to, unbelieveably so.  This ended up helping me in this HIM because I knew to wear toe warmers (like the kind used in skiing) in order to keep my feet warm.

Another change that I noticed is that in the early months, I posted my thoughts/feelings fairly unselfconsciously, I believe that I have been a lot more self-conscious in these past months which has made it more difficult to post what is going on.  I also believe that the negative comment at the NYC tri impacted me more than I would have it liked to.

omg, reading these old posts makes me feel like I am getting to know myself in a different way.  sometimes, I find myself funny and wonder if anybody else does.  I don't really have any feedback about this blog except for a couple of people that are closest to me; otherwise I don't really know if anybody is out there - oh of course, except for my stats.  The stats show that people are reading, are there people that come back, or people that accidentally fall on this site and move on. 

There are so many things that I didn't write about as well....Anyway, there has been some movement forward this year.  Imperfect movement forward, AND, I did complete the Poconos Half Ironman, sans swim segment.   There are so many things that have changed, I think I will focus on each area in separate posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment