Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pocono HIM pix pt 2

On 9/23 I rode the second part of the Pocono HIM course, going from Stroudsburg HS, down 191 South to the part that it joins Cherry Valley Road. I skipped the figure 8 loop starting with Kemmertown Rd. and went straight to Turkey Hill. I was so afraid of Turkey Hill, that I did not stop to take pictures. I had not been able to make it up Turkey Hill yet, and I was determined to do so. I went up half way and stopped. As I did so, this other small group of riders passed, including a woman who was huffing and puffing, but still on the bike. "If she can do it, so can I!". So I went back down the hill and biked my way back up, and completed it! Each time I succeed in one of these types of hills, I remember once again, how the most difficult part is getting past the psychological fear - basically of toppling over due to not being able to click out of the pedal. So remember, just when you think you can go no further, keep at it 10 more seconds. You'll see. Hope you like the pictures.

This is 191 S / Cherry Valley overlap ( mile 18.7 on cue sheet)

I LOVE this little building, it is on Keiser Road. This is my reward for making it up Turkey Hill.  Mile 40.6 on cue sheet






Mystical forest a little bit further along on Keiser Road.


Going down hill towards Haney Rd. Passing the rock quarry.



The end of Keiser Rd; making a left onto Haney Rd.  Mile 42.5




Same spot as above.  Hopefully they're not fracking!



End of Haney Road, right on to Bossardsville Rd.
Mile 43.5





Same intersection as above: Haney and Bossardsville




After passing the quarry again, this is an area of
mobile homes - Fawn Valley.






House on Keller Drive, mile 45.8+


Heading back down Haney going towards (and passing) Keiser Rd.


On Haney, at a point where I stopped to check my map I met up with Lisa, who was very nice, and we rode along together for most of the rest of the ride. Thanks Lisa!


This photo, I believe was taken on Fetherman Street, right before heading into Main Street.

See you on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment